The means of dating app love has changed. Online dating websites are the modern way of looking for a casual relationship or dating app your true soulmate. In this fast-moving world, people trying their luck with online websites has surged a great deal. There are several reasons for that.
In the United States of America, the number of single people is steadily increasing. With that, many of the websites promote free dating, which is making people sign up in big numbers. Dating websites offer countless choices and options for people of different gender and age.
In 2015, the U.S. population consisted of 50% single adults. The number has increased from 48% in 2011. The latest technological advancement and the usage of smartphones have made online dating easier than ever.
- In a recent survey, 30% of Americans admitted using online sites for dating app. the number varied by age and sexual orientation. the number is significantly high, at 48% for young adults. The number is around 38% for middle-aged people, and for older people, it is about 16%.
- Among the population who have used dating app websites, 12% of people are in a committed relationship or got married.
- There are more men who use dating app websites than women. 52.4% of online users are men, compared to 47.6% women. However, people from LGBTQ orientations hold a prominently larger number in dating app partners through online websites. This depends on society’s outlook on people from the LGBTQ community.
- Age is a factor in dating app a match. While for men, the age threshold is higher for dating app a match, women find it hard for a match after their 30s.
- About 50% of online users provide incorrect or false information. Most number of that lies in the disclosure of age, physical statistics, and jobs. People also provide false information about their income. It’s because of a common myth that more income increases the chance of dating app a match.
- Women are more into serious relationships or friendship than men, a study says. Among the total number of users, almost 60% of women are looking for a committed relationship.
- The number of break-ups is higher in online relationships. Almost 48% of endings occur by email. If the relationship starts online, most likely, it’ll end online.
- Around 57% of users say that they had an overall positive experience in online dating app. These numbers also vary from different socio-economic factors of the users. 43% of users say that the effect of online dating app was somewhat negative.
- Gender difference is a big factor in online dating app websites. A woman is more likely to get more attention than a man in the same period. Also, women face more gender-based discrimination and negative remarks about them. Getting obscene remarks and photographs is more likely to happen with women than men. It also depends on the age of the female user. Younger women tend to face this problem more often.
- About 54% of Americans believe that online relationships can be as successful as offline relationships. It doesn’t matter how people meet, in the end.